The banking industry has a long and storied history in Wisconsin. From being an outlawed practice in the 1840s to today’s diverse industry, banks have always helped Wisconsin consumers buy their first homes, finance their vehicles and achieve their business dreams. Remarkably, nearly half of Wisconsin’s banks have been serving their communities for over a century!
Congratulations to the following banks, which celebrated milestone anniversaries in 2017:
Chippewa Valley Bank, Winter
Farmers Savings Bank, Mineral Point
Hiawatha National Bank, Hager City
Citizens Bank, Mukwonago
PyraMax Bank, Milwaukee
Wisconsin Bankers Association
Five Wisconsin banks will celebrate milestone anniversaries in 2018:
Bank of Lake Mills
The Bank of New Glarus
First National Bank, Waupaca
The International Bank of Amherst
Congratulations to all!
Is Your Bank Celebrating a Milestone Anniversary Soon?
Let WBA know how you plan to commemorate your bank’s success! Email photos and press releases of your institution’s events to email@example.com and let the industry join in the celebration!
If you’re still looking for ideas on how to commemorate your institution’s achievement, you may want to look to the past for inspiration as you turn toward your bank’s future. Wisconsin banks have shown no shortage of creativity when it comes to celebrating landmark anniversaries. In recent years, Wisconsin banks have chosen several diverse ways to commemorate bank milestones and give back to their loyal customers. Here are some inspirational ideas:
- Hold an open house or customer appreciation picnic with a variety of raffle contests and giveaways for customers, including music, food, entertainment, cash prizes and savings bonds.
- Publish a book or calendar of your bank’s history with photos and stories from employees past and present.
- Host an autograph session with a popular athlete.
- Offer a CD special with a high promotional interest rate for a period of days reflecting the number of years the bank is celebrating.
- Announce the anniversary on social media and ask customers what their favorite thing about the bank is. Collect the best answers and include them in other materials celebrating the anniversary (like a book or poster for the bank lobby).
To see what WBA did to celebrate, check out the articles found under 125th Anniversary on our website here.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, make sure both bank employees and customers have a fun and memorable event!