Order Deadline is Friday!
Get your 2018 Reading Raises Interest Kit order in before it's too late!
Every year, hundreds of Wisconsin bankers use a Wisconsin Bankers Foundation (WBF) Reading Raises Interest Kit to help them teach the youngest members of their community about the importance of saving and spending wisely. During the month of April, in conjunction with WBA's Power of Community Week and national Teach Children to Save Day on April 20, you can help promote financial literacy by conducting a classroom presentation or visiting a daycare or youth group.
The WBF offers a free Reading Raises Interest Kit to every member bank branch. This year's kit features the book A Chair for My Mother by Vera B. Williams and includes a lesson plan and activities appropriate for Grades 1-3, along with several other resources to help you create an engaging, educational presentation:
- Links to whiteboard and video resources for use in classrooms *New this year
- A handout for students to take home, customizable with your bank's name and logo *New this year
- A sample press release
- A sample letter to schools/youth groups, explaining the Reading Raises Interest program
- A list of recommended books as alternatives
- A follow-up survey to help us make next year's kit even better!
Kits must be ordered by March 2, 2018 and will be mailed to branches by April.
To order your free WBF kit, please complete the order form on www.wisbank.com/ReadingRaisesInterestKits.
Questions? Contact Amber Seitz at 608-441-1237 or via email.