With 5 conference speakers, an exhibit hall and plenty of time for networking, bankers attending the September 12-13 WBA Management Conference & Expo in Madison are sure to receive high-value content and connections in a short trip away from the bank!
The full conference agenda has now been announced! Check out our speaker and topic line-up!
- John Waupsch, Chief Innovation Officer at Kasasa, will start the conference off with a look at the seismic shift of all aspects of the banking model, discover how adaptation begins with simple incremental steps, and he'll share success stories to bring home and share with your team. John's presentation is based on his popular book, Bankruption: How Community Banking Can Survive Fintech.
- Economic analyst Dudley Carter from ICBA Securities will take a look at the economy and share his outlook for 2019 and beyond.
- Executive coach and leadership speaker Donna Flynn, SkillsMastery Group, Inc. will address the human resources "trifecta" affecting every bank in Wisconsin - how do you recruit quality employees, retain your star employees, and manage costly turnover.
- Following lunch, UFS' Mike Tenpas will facilitate a panel discussion on technology management strategies. Experienced bankers will join Mike as the panelists and share their insight, experiences, and ideas for community banking.
- Attendees will definitely want to stick around for our closing session, The Power to Stand. Chris Norton was paralyzed during a college football game, but has beaten the odds and persevered through the most challenging obstacles.
How much time will it be away from the bank?
The conference kicks off on Wednesday, September 12 with an evening reception and dinner banquet. During the dinner, bankers who have served 30 or 40 years in the banking industry will be presented with a WBA Lifetime Service Award. Conference sessions and an exhibit hall will continue on Thursday, September 13, wrapping up by 3:00 p.m. so you can hit the road to get home. Check out the full agenda.
Who typically attends the Management Conference?
Approximately 130 community banking leaders come together for networking and education about the ever-changing banking industry. CEOs and members of the bank's management team are encouraged to attend as a group to take advantage of this great networking conference. Banks should also bring along their BOLT (Building Our Leaders of Tomorrow) members as a way to incorporate your emerging leaders. View the conference overview page for registration information.
Interested in pre-conference networking opportunities?
Bankers can register to golf or join a bike tour on Wednesday, September 12 before the conference kicks off with a reception and dinner banquet in the evening. Hit the links with your banking peers at University Ridge or enjoy a relaxed bike ride around Middleton. Click here for more information and to register online.
If you have any questions regarding the conference or registration, please contact the WBA Education team via email or at 608-441-1252.