The ABA Foundation has recognized six banks for their outstanding commitment to their communities. The ABA Community Commitment Awards — to be presented on October 23 during ABA’s Annual Convention in New York — are given in six categories to honor innovative, high-impact bank programs and projects that produce lasting results in the communities they serve. Bank award winners and categories were:
- U.S. Bank, Minneapolis, for affordable housing
- Citizens Bank, Batesville, Ark., for community and economic development
- Eastern Bank, Boston, for economic inclusion
- Bank of Nevada, Las Vegas, for financial education
- Old National Bank, Evansville, Ind., for protecting older Americans
- United Bank, Parkersburg, WV., for volunteerism
The fifth annual George Bailey Distinguished Service Award will be awarded to Marcus A. Vasquez, vice president and fair banking officer for Allegiance Bank in Houston, for his efforts to assist his community after Hurricane Harvey. The Bailey Award is presented to an individual banker demonstrating outstanding initiative, effectiveness, and inspiration to others.
Read more in the ABA Banking Journal.