Ten banks received the prestigious BIGG Award (Bankers Involved in Grassroots and Government Award) in 2018. The banks were recognized at the annual WBA Bank Executives Conference in Milwaukee.
Congratulations to the following award winners:
- Associated Bank, Green Bay
- Capitol Bank, Madison
- Commerce State Bank, West Bend
- East Wisconsin Savings Bank, Kaukauna
- Fox River State Bank, Burlington
- Mound City Bank, Platteville
- Premier Community Bank, Marion
- Spring Bank, Brookfield
- The Stephenson National Bank & Trust, Marinette
- Union Bank & Trust Company, Evansville
This award represents the highest achievement level for bank involvement and advocacy. Awards are objectively based on meeting five of seven criteria.
- Be a WBA Gold Triangle Award Winner
- Bank staff contacting state and federal legislators through grassroots e-mails
- Hosting a “Take Your Legislator to Work Day” by bringing in an elected official into your bank
- Attending the WBA Capitol Day
- Attending the Washington Conference
- Contributing to the WBA Issues Advocacy fund
- or other activities, such as testifying before Congress or the Wisconsin Legislature, hosting a fundraiser, or analyzing legislation for WBA, to name a few.