The inaugural BankWork$ class has now graduated! WBA was proud to partner with Employ Milwaukee to bring this nationwide program to Wisconsin. BankWork$ is a free, eight-week training program to prepare participants in primarily underserved neighborhoods for retail banking careers.
This first graduating class had eight students who were selected from over 100 applicants. Immediately after the graduation ceremony, a hiring event for students was held.
This initial group of graduates is the first step towards the program’s goal of training 400 students for positions in the banking industry over the next three years.
Thanks to the banks also sponsoring this program:
- Associated Bank, Green Bay
- The Equitable Bank, Wauwatosa
- First Bank Financial Centre, Oconomowoc
- First Federal Bank of Wisconsin, Waukesha
- North Shore Bank, Brookfield
- Park Bank, Milwaukee
- Spring Bank, Brookfield
- WaterStone Bank, Wauwatosa
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., San Francisco