How many of these questions you can answer (no cheating!):
- What genre of music is used to explain the laws of gravity?
- True or false: The preamble to the U.S. Constitution reads, "We the people, in order to form a more perfect union ..."
- Fill in the blank with the correct answer: "Conjunction Junction, what's your function? Hooking up _______ and _______ and _______."
- Come on down to Lolly's and get your what?
- Who is the lead character of 'Dollars and Sense', what does she want to be?
- Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla is what kind of noun?
- Which topic was NOT part of the original series: Civics, Earth, Economics, or History?
- What was the name of the original series?
WBA recently finished its first-ever virtual staff advocacy fundraiser. The successful fundraiser brought in over $9,000 for WisbankPAC (WBA’s registered political action committee) and the Alliance of Bankers Political Conduit (which distributes individual contributions from bankers). During the fundraiser, WBA staff answered trivia questions regarding classic Schoolhouse Rock songs. Funds raised for the PAC and the Conduit go toward the defense of the banking industry.
Speaking of quizzes... What's the difference between the PAC and the Conduit?
Wisbankpac is WBA's registered political action committee, and it supports candidates from both parties. Wisbankpac is the only PAC that represents the entire Wisconsin banking industry and can support candidates for both state and federal office. The names of individuals who contribute to Wisbankpac are not listed on checks sent to candidates. To contribute, contact WBA's Mike Semmann via email.
The Alliance of Bankers Political Conduit is like a personal political bank account from which a banker may direct contributions to the pro-banking candidates of that banker's choice. The Conduit triples the impact of a single contribution by sharing the credit between the individual banker, the bank he or she represents, and the banking industry as a whole. Click here to download the donation form.
Both of these funds help support WBA's advocacy efforts, which are the heart of what the association does for its member banks. We are fortunate to have many individuals on staff, including lobbyists and lawyers, who work tirelessly every day representing banks in Wisconsin.
We are able to speak with a united voice to promote a healthy environment for our members and otherwise advocate on your behalf before state and federal elected officials, regulators, and the courts. The tangible return on this significant investment is sometimes hard to quantify but is very meaningful and real. Thank you for joining WBA staff in supporting the association and our industry.
- False. “We the people, of the United States...”
- Words; phrases; clauses
- Becky Sue, Country Western Star
- Multiplication Rock