WBA has reported on Biden’s political appointees as they’ve been announced. From Secretary of the Treasury Janet Yellen to recently appointed Director of the CFPB Rohit Chopra, we’ve put together a list indicating which ones will be most notable for Wisconsin bankers.
Secretary of the Treasury – Janet Yellen
- Economist, former Vice-chair (2010-2014) and Chair (2014-2018) of the Federal Reserve
- Chair of the Council of Economic Advisors in the latter portion of President Clinton’s second term
Deputy Secretary of the Treasury – Adewale “Wally” Adeyemo
- Economic and political advisor
- Held roles at the Department of the Treasury, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, National Economic Council, and was the first president of the Obama Foundation
Secretary of Commerce – Gina Raimondo
- Elected Governor of Rhode Island in 2014, re-elected in 2018
- Former General Treasurer of Rhode Island and former Chair of Democratic Governor’s Association
Deputy Secretary of Commerce – Don Graves
- Banker and government official advising the Department of the Treasury in the late-1990’s.
- Served in the Obama administration and counseled then-Vice President Joe Biden
Administrator - Small Business Administration – Isabel Guzman
- Currently serves as director of the Office of the Small Business Advocate within the Governor’s Office of Economic Development in California
- Former deputy chief of staff to the SBA Administrator under the Obama administration
Chair, Securities and Exchange Commission – Gary Gensler
- Former government official and investment banker.
- Held leadership roles at the Department of the Treasury in the ’90s and ’00s, and chaired the Commodity Futures Trading Commission under President Obama
Director, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Rohit Chopra
- Current Commissioner on the Federal Trade Commission
- Former assistant director at the CFPB, and Student Loan Ombudsman at the Department of the Treasury.