Due to upcoming retirement, Dairy State Bank is currently recruiting for a chief financial officer.
This position will:
- Direct and oversee the financial activities of the bank and holding company
- Direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries
- Create forecasts predicting future growth
- Direct activities of finance and investments
- Inform the CEO and president(s) of operational developments
- Consult with bank leadership regarding major decision affecting the bank
Some duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages the bank’s investment portfolio to maximize yield and ensure adequate liquidity
- Pledges securities to collateralize public deposits and supports repurchase agreements
- Consults with investment advisors and others in making recommendations for the bank’s investment portfolio
- Responsible for managing the bank’s liquidity position and maintaining appropriate short and long-term borrowing relationships
- Maintains stock records, pays dividends, corresponds with the regulatory agencies and executes procedures to increase capital as directed by the board for both the bank and holding company
- Works closely with officers and other employees who report directly to him or her, evaluating their performance and developing their abilities to manage their respective areas
- Responsible for organization’s asset/liability management process and will be involved in both loan and deposit rate setting discussions being the advocate of enterprise risk management
- Works with municipalities to collateralize public deposits
- Works with repurchase agreements, the related paperwork, and the communication with customers
- Ensures that federal and state regulations are adhered to and sees to it that appropriate duties are completed correctly
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, management, or equivalent is required; MBA or CPA preferred. Minimum of eight years’ experience in banking. Previous supervisory experience required. Individual must possess: good common sense and problem solving skills; excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills; professional demeanor; ability to maintain confidential and sensitive data relating to customers and employees; a strong sense of attention to detail. Must be able to compose correspondence and reports.
Interested candidates should email a resume with references to Megan Janz, HR manager, AVP at email@example.com.