State Bank Financial has an excellent career opportunity for a detail-oriented banking professional who has an eye for detail and a keen interest in regulatory compliance!
Our compliance officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with all bank policies, procedures, and laws, as well as state and federal regulations. This person will provide resources, assistance, training, or other support for bank staff to assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, they will participate in the development of bank products and services to ensure products are compliant, will interact with all management and personnel, and serve as one of the main focal points for all regulatory federal and state exams.
Essential Job Functions
1. Serves as Chair of the Compliance Committee and prepares meeting minutes documenting decisions and activities and reports to the Audit & Compliance Committee.
2. Assists the internal auditor with preparing audit committee agenda and organizing committee packet for quarterly meetings.
3. Completes bank risk assessment for Identity Theft Red Flags and Compliance Risk Assessment.
4. Compiles data, reports and uploads documentation to Internal Auditor as needed for lending and deposit audits.
5. Reports the results of Loan Reviews, Compliance Reviews, and Risk Assessments to the Director’s Audit & Compliance Committee/Board of Directors as required.
6. Evaluates bank compliance policies/procedures and ensures they are accurate, current and in compliance with federal and state regulations.
7. Conducts research, implements, and keeps management and bank associates informed of new and amended regulatory requirements. Assists departments in implementing processes necessary to comply with the regulation.
8. Assists and coordinates the administration of state and federal regulatory examinations. Uploads information to portal and provides supporting documentation addressing any matters requiring attention.
9. Assigns and maintains ABA Online Compliance Training program for all associates.
10. Reviews all marketing material and advertisements for compliance including the bank’s website, social media, image ads, bank products and services and creates required disclaimers. Completes appropriate compliance checklist.
11. Provides oversight of the Customer Complaint Program. Updates and provides status of complaints and resolutions to management.
12. Completes continuing education requirements to maintain certification as a Community Bank Compliance Officer.
13. Interprets and disseminates information on regulatory/compliance matters.
14. Serves as an internal resource for associates to answer compliance and underwriting questions.
15. Conducts periodic reviews of consumer, real estate, and business banking loan files to identify compliance issues with various laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Prepares and distributes detailed reports of findings.
16. Performs Compliance Monitoring Reviews to determine if procedures are adhered to and are compliant with the regulatory requirements.
17. Responsible for maintaining and updating regulatory signage for all branch locations.
18. Maintains professional alliances with industry organizations to keep abreast of new and amended regulatory compliance measures, as well as to further professional development.
19. Registers new associates and maintains annual renewals for Mortgage Loan Originators registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System.
20. Serves on committees as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field or equivalent education and/or experience during which compliance, operations, and/or underwriting knowledge has been acquired.
2. Interpret regulations and laws and disseminate information.
3. Excellent verbal communication skills for interacting professionally with and relating to other associates, regulators, and Board of Directors.
4. Experience working with consumer, commercial, and mortgage loans.
5. Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and bank information.
6. Ability to collaborate and build partnerships with multiple business lines with the bank.
7. Courteous and professional customer service attitude.
8. Basic mathematical skills.
9. Strong computer skills; technical ability to input and retrieve computerized information.
10. Ability to deal effectively with time pressures and stress that can change hourly depending on level of activity. Requires ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
11. Effective problem-solving skills, strong research skills and sound decision making skills.
12. A self-starter and independent thinker.
State Bank Financial offers a competitive total compensation package. We are a locally owned community bank that has been doing business for 165 years!
Please contact Sue Horne, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or visit our website to apply: statebankfinancial.bank/about-us/careers.html