Are you a talented and creative graphic designer looking to make an impact in the financial industry and Wisconsin communities? Join the Wisconsin Bankers Association’s dynamic communications team as a graphic designer, where your design skills will contribute to delivering compelling visual content that engages and informs our members. As part of our collaborative team, you will report to the director – communications and work closely with the marketing specialist and writer/editor as well as colleagues from departments throughout the organization. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the visual identity of our Association.
Who We Are:
The Wisconsin Bankers Association is the state’s largest financial industry trade association, representing more than 200 commercial banks and savings institutions and over 30,000 employees.
Our mission is to actively advocate for, educate, and support our members to help them positively impact the Wisconsin communities they serve. Building on our more than 130-year history, we aim to provide our members with the top-quality resources needed to stay at the forefront of their ever-evolving profession.
- Create promotional graphics (mainly for email, web, and social media) for a variety of conferences, training seminars, webinars, events, and projects
- Design event signage and printed materials (programs, handouts, menu cards, etc.)
- Coordinate the design and layout of the bi-monthly Wisconsin Banker print publication (approximately 32 pages) and monthly Compliance Journal digital publication
- Act as a liaison between WBA and outside vendors for printing, promotional items, etc.
- Make updates to the Association’s website, www.wisbank.com, using WordPress
- Serve as a backup for sending marketing emails and e-newsletters via MailChimp
- Take event photos or headshots in the media studio at our office and occasionally (a few times per year, optional) at conference venues in Wisconsin
- Execute other creative projects as opportunities arise
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator on PC; proficiency in other Adobe Creative Cloud apps such as Premier Pro and Adobe Express are a plus
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Experience in or willingness to learn WordPress and MailChimp
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Applicants should meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in graphic design or a related field
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in any field with demonstrated graphic design skills
- High school diploma and at least three years of professional graphic design experience
- Optional work-from-home Fridays
- Staff training and tuition reimbursement for job-related courses
- Flexible work hours
- Optional business casual attire every day, casual Mondays and Fridays
- Sit/stand desk and flex workspaces
- 401(k) Plan (Roth available)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and leave
- Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance plans available
- Optional participation in staff engagement and community service activities
To apply, please submit a resume, letter of motivation, and a portfolio or examples of your graphic design work to the WBA VP – administration at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 8, 2023.