This person is responsible for conducting compliance and risk related management and consulting services to financial institutions. This position operates in a shared-service environment. Overnight travel is required (up to 30%).
- Assist client financial institutions with establishing and maintaining prudent internal audit and risk-management programs, including the development of policies and procedures.
- Assess compliance to federal and state rules and regulations and their applicability to financial institution products, services, and systems to determine adequacy of internal controls, generate management reports.
- Perform routine internal controls audits, internal quality control of mortgage loans, and loan review.
- Participate in client meetings and financial institution/board committee presentations as necessary.
- Assist client financial institutions with identifying areas of improvement to obtain operational efficiencies.
- Using trade and regulatory publications, maintain a current and thorough understanding of all internal audit and risk responsibilities required by law, regulation, or best practice as they apply to the financial industry.
- Research internal control issues and respond to risk management questions using legal and regulatory reference materials, professional organizations, and other resources.
- Effectively communicate, verbally or in writing, to all levels of management and Board of Directors.
- Initiate and maintain accurate customer, prospect calls referencing compliance and risk management showing dates of calls, individuals contacted and pertinent information regarding the call.
- Participate in and attend conferences and conventions as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director-Compliance and Management Services.
- Enjoy building relationships with new customers in all verticals, including C-level
- Strategic thinking and excellent knowledge of industry standards and compliance regulation
- Natural ability to get things done
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and willingness to work as needed to hit ETAS and get the job done
- Keen eye for details and execution-oriented personality
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment – self-starter, wearing multiple hats
- Must be able to multitask and can maintain focus while doing such
- Must be comfortable with tight timelines
- Must have a sense of urgency
- Ability to find solutions to challenges coupled with a willingness to do what is necessary to ensure timelines and goals are met
- Good judgement, strong organizations skills, decisiveness, and good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency across software, systems, and financial development analysis
- Foster a culture that retains and attracts diverse talent
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To apply: Interested persons should submit a current resume and dated letter explaining his or her qualifications to Vice President of Finance & Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org). A copy of the job description is available upon request.