Citizens State Bank of Loyal is seeking a qualified universal loan officer in Neillsville.
The universal loan officer is responsible for:
- Evaluating, authorizing, and recommending approval of residential real estate, small-business, agricultural, and consumer loans
- Working with customers to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals
- Advising borrowers on financial status and methods of payments
- Servicing and growing the loan portfolio through customer development efforts, while maintaining loyal customer relationships through outstanding customer service
Essential duties for this position include:
- Extending credit within the policies and guidelines set forth in the loan policy
- Ensuring that all loan decisions, actions and recommendations are based on an accurate and thorough understanding of each customer’s financial needs and conditions and comply with all laws, regulations and bank policy
- Meeting with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process
- Analyzing applicant’s financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of extending credit; reviews applications for verification and recommendation
- Making approval decision on loans and terms within established lending limits; refers loans outside of those limits to the loan committee for approval
- Positively represents the bank in the community; actively participates in worthwhile community activities; plays an appropriate leadership role in selected community organizations
- Making referrals to other areas of the bank for deposit and non-deposit products and services for new and prospective bank customers
- Proactively identifying and managing risk through careful review of customer financial statements, overdraft reports, past due loan reports and loan review reports. Recommends risk rating changes when analysis merits
- Reviewing loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy
- Monitoring performance of loans extended to existing borrowers and their ability to repay; collects delinquencies and restructures loans as necessary
- Preparing presentations for existing and prospective clients
Secondary duties include:
- Participating in bank-wide committee and branch-level meetings when requested
- Assisting senior management in development of bank manuals and operational procedures in an effort to accomplish the bank’s strategic directives
- Keeping abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for assigned area and informs bank staff of same. Recommending procedural changes as needed to support prescribed requirements
- Maintaining educational and professional expertise through attendance at job-related seminars, conferences, and workshops
- Participating in bank community service and team building events
- Performing any and all other additional duties as may be assigned
The physical and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or as otherwise required by law. Employees needing reasonable accommodations should discuss the request with the employee’s supervisor or human resources.
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of forces; work requires sitting, frequently requires standing. Work has standard vision requirements. Work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and proven customer service skills
- Must be flexible, highly organized, detail oriented, able to work under minimal supervision, stay poised under pressure, manage multiple tasks at one time, and interact with co-workers and the general public in a professional manner
- Must have good knowledge and understating of consumer and residential lending policies, procedures, practices, and documentation including accounting, financial statement, and cash flow analysis.
- Position requires a bachelors degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field or the equivalent in related work experience
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience in a financial institution to include one (1) year of direct lending experience required
Acknowledgement: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirement, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Apply: Email Jasmine Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated resume and cover letter.