At Bank of Sun Prairie, our vision is to solidify our position across all generational demographics as the most highly trusted, respected and recommended full-service bank in the communities we serve. As such, we continue our legacy of customer service dating back to 1897 by upholding the our mission statement each day: To become the trusted advisor for families, businesses, and the community offering a complete range of financial services. The Bank’s tailored customer centric approach enables flexibility and solutions that position its clients for success not only today but every day in the future.
The Business Banker develops depository and credit business relationships by participating in sales management and officer call programs. This position promotes business through good client relations and cross selling services in adherence with the bank’s lending policies and procedures. In addition, the Business Banker maintains quality credit and manages own portfolio.
- Develops depository / credit business account relationships by:
- Meeting overall annual deposit and loan growth goals assigned by senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Gathering and analyzing all information necessary to present financing requests to Loan Committee for approval.
- Meeting with existing or potential customers to visit sites of loans, negotiate loan terms and conditions, and/or approve loans within established lending limits.
- Presenting loan requests to Board of Directors when the proposed loan dollar value exceeds the departments’ lending authority.
- Participating in weekly loan meetings to review maturing loans, discuss action to be taken on past due loans, which may include legal action, any other operational concerns needing to be addressed.
- Developing new client relationships from bank referrals, bank’s sale-calling program, representing the bank in various community, civic and/or community reinvestment functions.
- Assisting the bank in enhancing its market position in the financing area
- Ensuring consistency and compliance by adhering to policies and procedures and completing administrative tasks accurately and on time.
- Manages credit quality and monitors portfolio by:
- Managing customer relationships with own loan portfolio.
- Monitoring quality of own loan portfolio through loan repayments, deposit activity and financial data.
- Taking action to collect past due accounts.
- Ensuring changes in assigned portfolio are recognized while minimizing exposure and loss to the bank.
- Staying abreast of changing lending/compliance regulations and standards.
- Adhering to compliance laws and regulations.
- Cross-sells services by:
- Assisting the bank in enhancing its market position in the financing area through cross selling of services to existing clients.
- Cross selling services / products to new / prospective clients and making referrals to other departments as appropriate
- Knowledgeable in commercial, construction, and real estate loan processing
- Knowledgeable in state and federal lending / compliance regulations and bank lending policies / terminology
- Good marketing and business development skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and priorities changing daily
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Good complex problem solving and attention to details
- Good leadership and team building abilities
Any combination of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent with 7 years’ directly-related work experience; or
- Associate’s degree (AS) or equivalent with 12 years of directly-related work experience; or
- 15 years of directly-related work experience and banking education through in-house training sessions and/or financial industry related curriculum.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested applicants may visit bankofsunprairie.com/employment-opportunities to apply.