2019 Reading Raises Interest Kits
The Wisconsin Bankers Foundation (WBF) provides these free, easy-to-use kits each year for WBA member banks to use in conjunction with Teach Children To Save Day.
This year's kit features the book Sammy's Big Dream by Sam Renick. In the story, Sammy Rabbit has a big dream: to ride the world's first outer space roller coaster! Read along as he works to earn and save enough money to do it.
Questions? Please contact Amber Seitz at 608-441-1237 or via email.
The 2019 Digital Kit is now available!
Click the links below to access the digital and online portions of this year's Reading Raises Interest Kit.
- Tips on how to read Sammy's Big Dream with a group (also contains group activity ideas and videos)
- How to participate guide
- Discussion questions to send home
- A sample letter to the school
- A sample news release
- Other recommended books
After your presentation...
Don't forget to report your activities to the Foundation! Click here to fill out the presentation summary.
Also, please complete the Follow-up Survey for this year's kit! We need your feedback to make next year's kit even better!
Reading Raises Interest Kit Archive
The lesson plans and activities from previous Reading Raises Interest Kits are also available for WBA members to download and use in classroom presentations throughout the year. Click from the menu to select and download a lesson plan PDF.
- 2003_Berenstain Bears Trouble With Money
- 2004_Money Troubles
- 2005_The Monster Money Book
- 2006_2013_Berenstain Bears Dollars and Sense
- 2007_If You Made A Million
- 2008_Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday
- 2009_Kermit the Hermit
- 2010_Bunny Money
- 2011_The Penny Pot
- 2012_Pigs Will Be Pigs
- 2014_Money, Money, Honey Bunny
- 2015_One Hen
- 2016_You Can't Buy a Dinosaur with a Dime
- 2017_The Berenstain Bears’ Trouble With Money
- 2018_A Chair for My Mother