20 Common Mistakes in Consumer Collections
Do you get complaints about your collections department? Has your financial institution been subject to an enforcement action? If so, you are not alone. Join this highly informative webinar and learn how to avoid 20 common mistakes in consumer collection. You’ll be glad you did!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Determine the most common mistakes creditors make in the collection process and how to correct them
- Understand what the CFPB believes are some of the biggest problems in consumer collection
- Distinguish between permissible and non-permissible collection activities
- Explain what constitutes an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice in the collection of consumer debts
- Use the proper collection activities for each situation
Consumer debt collection practices are the major reason for complaints, lawsuits, and enforcement actions against financial institutions. There are numerous debt collection laws and regulations – and numerous opportunities for errors. Borrowers, their attorneys, and regulators are monitoring closely, therefore it is important to understand and implement proper practices to avoid liability. Learn 20 of the most common consumer collection mistakes and how to avoid them.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit consumer loan officers, loan operations staff, credit administration personnel, collection staff, compliance officers, auditors, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the collection process.
- CFPB’s Debt Collection Rule Small Entity Compliance Guide
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER – Elizabeth Fast, Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Fast is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a master of business administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was general counsel, senior vice president, and corporate secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download