In the past, opening a new account was as easy as giving the customer a toaster in exchange for his or her signature. Today, the process is much more complex. From the first moment of customer contact, FIs must adhere to numerous deposit compliance rules.
These in-depth compliance tasks are necessary for opening new deposit accounts, but the interview process can feel more like an inquisition to a potential accountholder. This webinar will inform you about the deposit compliance rules and tasks your FI must follow and help you turn uncomfortable customer interviews into friendly and supportive conversations.
- The Customer Identification Program tasks in the New Account Interview
- The Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence Tasks of the New Account Interview
- Unlawful internet gambling—who, when and what to do
- Regulation CC Holds
- Overdraft Privilege
- Risk Rating the customer
- Marijuana-Related Businesses
- Alerts and Red flags on identity theft
- Adverse Action
- New disclosures if you use a credit score
- Disclosing the deposit regulations - consumers and businesses
- Any many more…
Who Should Attend:
This webinar is recommended for individuals who are Compliance Officers, Branch Managers, New Accounts Representatives (and others who act in a Sales capacity), as well as for individuals involved in Training Personnel or Branch Administration.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395