It’s been a challenging year for HMDA reporters. Complex new rules were effective Jan. 1, 2018, followed by the CFPB’s procedural rule issued Aug. 31, 2018. The new rule allows partial exemptions of selected HMDA data fields for small volume institutions. It is critical to understand the rules and be adequately prepared to file an accurate submission of 2018 activity by the March 1, 2019, deadline.
This is Part 2 of a two-part series. Part 2 will focus on preparing data for submission and the technical requirements. Join us for an in-depth review of the partial exemption rules and exemption codes.
- Review of institutional coverage for all reporters for 2018 activity
- May 24 rule changes and partial HMDA exemptions
- Decision points about exempt data
- Some data fields are not required under the partial exemption rule, but it’s a best practice to retain and not report certain fields to support lending decisions and demonstrate fair lending compliance
- Options for reporting loans sold to the secondary market and partial exemption data fields
- Using the Filing Instructions Guide (FIG) to clear the four types of edits (syntactical, validity, quality, and macro quality)
- HMDA worksheets and flow chart for 2018 activity, including updated CFPB resources
- List of data fields for each data point
- Step-by-step data collection definitions and how to avoid mistakes
- HMDA compliance resources, including submission checklists and fair lending considerations
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS PART 1!
This program is the second of two in a series
2018 HMDA Submission Due March 1, 2019 Part 1: Identifying Reportable Loans, Data Integrity & FIG Analysis
on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019
All webinars are available for six months after broadcast
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan operations staff, loan officers, loan assistants and processors, compliance officers, fair lending officers, IT support staff, and auditors.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, CRCM, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
- Live - $245
- Recorded and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live, Recorded and Digital Download - $320 plus tax