This 7 week online course provides an overview of tools and techniques to analyze and improve a bank’s financial performance. Participants observe the effects of certain kinds of risk on a bank’s financial track record, and the correlation between risk optimization and superior financial performance.
- Use the Uniform Bank Performance Report to analyze a bank’s performance over several periods and against peer banks
- Demonstrate the connection between a consistently high level of financial performance as measured by the Return on Owners’ Equity Ratio and its relationship to credit, liquidity, capital and operational risk for the bank
- Identify the major factors that affect a bank’s financial performance
- Identify key components of non-interest income and expense and explore strategies to improve performance
- Utilize tools such as the Balanced Scorecard to assess and improve financial performance, including functional goal setting and performance evaluation
This course is designed for junior-level bank officers all the way up through CEOs who need to analyze their bank's performance. Participants should have some basic knowledge of balance sheets and income statements. Learn more about ABA facilitated online courses here.
The registration fee for WBA Members for this facilitated online course is $660/attendee. The required textbook for this course is Analyzing Bank Performance, 8th Edition. The textbook is available as an ebook or in printed form for $215 plus applicable taxes and/or shipping fees.
Click Register to register online in the ABA LMS site, with credit card payment required. To be invoiced by WBA, download and complete the WBA/ABA Facilitated Online Course order form.
ABA Professional Certifications: 17 CERP
ABA Certificates: This course applies to the Certificate in Bank Financial Management.