This 16 week online course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about the commercial lending process—the backbone of most banks’ lending portfolios. Learn what goes into making a successful commercial loan and how to manage a customer relationship once the loan is approved.
- Recognize the process and types of information business bankers should acquire during a business development call
- Identify sources of repayment that are appropriate for various commercial loan borrowing arrangements and the factors that affect collateral value
- Explain the process and importance of a credit investigation
- Identify and explain the loan negotiation process
- Identify the causes of problem loans and steps to resolving them
Commercial and/or business bankers and credit analysts. Students should take Analyzing Financial Statements prior to this course or have equivalent work experience. This course requires proctored exams. Learn more about ABA facilitated online courses here.
The registration fee for WBA Members for this facilitated online course is $455/attendee. The required textbook for this course is Commercial Lending, 7th Edition. The textbook is available as an ebook or in printed form for $95 plus applicable taxes and/or shipping fees.
Click Register to register online in the ABA LMS site, with credit card payment required. To be invoiced by WBA, download and complete the WBA/ABA Facilitated Online Course order form.
ABA Professional Certifications: 45.0 CLBB
ABA Certificates: This course applies to the Certificate in Business and Commercial Lending.