This 9 week online course has been designed to provide students with a basic overview of the agricultural lending function. Updated to reflect the current challenges facing agricultural lenders, this course will help students have a fundamental understanding of the role of agriculture and agricultural lending in the financial services industry.
- Gain an understanding of the impact of the Farm Financial Standards Council recommendations on agriculture lending, including recommended key financial statements
- Understand how to calculate deferred taxes, and the impact of such taxes on agriculture financial analysis and lender decisions
- Understand the differences between cash and accrual income statements, and begin developing a working knowledge of accrual income statements and their place in proper financial analysis and lender decision making
- Understand the role of cash flow analysis in in making agricultural lending decisions, and begin developing a working knowledge of the “Sweet Sixteen” ratios, specifically: Repayment, Liquidity and Solvency Analysis
- Develop an appreciation for the purpose of loan policy, including an overview of loan structure and its relationship to problem loans as well as problem loan workout.
Those new to agricultural lending or with limited experience. Learn more about ABA facilitated online courses here.
The registration fee for WBA Members for this facilitated online course is $475/attendee.
Click Register to register online in the ABA LMS site, with credit card payment required. To be invoiced by WBA, download and complete the WBA/ABA Facilitated Online Course order form.
ABA Professional Certifications: 30.0 CLBB