This 5 week online course provides a summary of the bank funding types, liquidity issues and management of capital. Learn what funding is used by banks; how liquidity needs may be addressed by storing liquidity on the balance sheet or by securing additional funding; and bank capital’s purpose, regulatory requirements and the effect on profitability.
- Identify the risk/return characteristics and costs of various funding sources
- Evaluate the effect of various funding sources on interest rate and liquidity risk
- Describe various measures used to manage liquidity
- Recognize the merits of both regulators' and shareholders' points of view regarding optimal capital levels
- Prepare a capital management plan
This course is designed for individuals involved in funding, liquidity, or capital management, or line managers making pricing, investment, or funding decisions that impact these areas. Learn more about ABA facilitated online courses here.
The registration fee for WBA Members for this facilitated online course is $660/attendee. The required textbook for this course is Bank Management, 8th Edition. The textbook is available as an ebook or in printed form for $215 plus applicable taxes and/or shipping fees.
Click Register to register online in the ABA LMS site, with credit card payment required. To be invoiced by WBA, download and complete the WBA/ABA Facilitated Online Course order form.
ABA Professional Certifications: 17.0 CERP
ABA Certificates: This course applies to the Certificate in Bank Financial Management.