This 4-week online course in fundamentals is for understanding how a bank’s investment portfolio is managed. Objectives and composition of investment portfolios, and common bank investments are covered, focusing on their risk and return profiles. Various investment strategies are described and the development of bank investment policies is discussed.
- Identify key characteristics and calculate the return of common investment instruments
- Describe regulatory and accounting restrictions on bank investment portfolios
- Identify important elements of a bank’s investment policy and formulate an example policy
- Compare the benefits and risk of various investment strategies
- Evaluate the return on taxable and tax-exempt securities and instruments with prepayment risk
This course is designed for individuals involved in managing the bank's investment portfolio.
The registration fee for WBA Members for this facilitated online course is $660/attendee. The required textbook for this course is 8th Edition. The textbook is available as an ebook or in printed form for $215 plus applicable taxes and/or shipping fees.
Click Register to register online in the ABA LMS site, with credit card payment required. To be invoiced by WBA, download and complete the WBA/ABA Facilitated Online Course order form.
ABA Professional Certifications: 8.0 CERP
ABA Certificates: This course applies to the Certificate in Bank Financial Management.