This 16-week online course is a fundamental study of how money functions in the U.S. and world economies. How money supply, the banking system, the Federal Reserve and the federal government are all interrelated, and how changes in the financial system can affect individuals, businesses and governments on a world-wide basis are covered.
- Describe the functions of money and our payments system
- Connect the time value of money with financial markets and their assets
- Identify the business of banking and the interrelationship with government regulation
- Compare the various monetary theories and how they relate to macro and international economics
- Summarize the structure of the Federal Reserve System and understand the tools and goals of Monetary Policy
Bank personnel who have not had a formal course in money and banking and who wish to increase their understanding of the banking industry; officer trainees through the mid-management level.
This course requires proctored exams.
The registration fee for WBA Members for this facilitated online course is $430/attendee.The textbook is available as an ebook or in printed form for $80 plus applicable taxes and/or shipping fees.
Click Register to register online in the ABA LMS site, with credit card payment required. To be invoiced by WBA, download and complete the WBA/ABA Facilitated Online Course order form.
ABA Certificates: This course applies to the Certificate in General Banking.