ACH for P2P Transfers: Perils & Protections
P2P payments can be perilous and perplexing.
This webinar will address a host of P2P issues, including ACH rules for P2P entries, unique ACH format requirements, risk management, errors and unauthorized transactions, and more! Join us to learn how to avoid problems and losses for your bank.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- List the different types of P2P payment options
- Explain the rules that govern P2P payments
- Understand what is and is not an error
- Describe your role in the error resolution process
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations
Some of today’s most common payment questions pertain to consumer person-to-person (P2P) transfers via the ACH Network and third-party payment applications. Most often, these questions are about fixing something that went wrong. These problems include fraud, incorrect account numbers, and buyer’s remorse — all of which can result in losses for your institution. This topic is even more consequential because the CFPB recently issued updated FAQs that highlight the importance of the financial institution’s role in the error resolution process. Don’t miss this chance to learn about the unique features of P2P transfers via the ACH Network, including:
- ACH rules for P2P entries
- Unique ACH format requirements
- Risk management
- Common errors and unauthorized transactions
- The financial institution’s responsibility for error resolution
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is ideal for ACH operations personnel, audit and compliance staff, and AAP candidates.
- Link to the CFPB FAQ document
- Electronic copy of Macha’s Quick Reference Guide to Initiating ACH Transfers
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
This course is eligible for 1.8 AAP/APRP credits.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER – Michele L. Barlow, Macha/PAR
Michele Barlow is the senior vice president at Macha/PAR (Everything Payments, Everywhere), with offices in Wisconsin and Maryland. Before joining the Macha team in 2009, Barlow spent several years as a corporate trainer in the financial industry. She is responsible for development and execution of association training and certification programs, conference planning, and member service. Barlow is a past member of Nacha’s Blue Ribbon Panel and currently serves on the APRP Oversight Panel, the Payments Institute Board of Regents, and Nacha’s LMS Editorial Board. She is active on other national committees, and a frequent speaker at industry events. She obtained her AAP certification in 2010, her NCP in 2011, and became an NCP Certified Trainer in 2012. Barlow holds a bachelor’s from the University of Wisconsin.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download