It is more important than ever that banks understand their obligations under disability laws and how to effectively work through disability accommodation issues with their employees. Employers who are not informed on accommodation issues and who do not train their managers face significantly increased risk of violating the law.
This webinar will walk employers through a roadmap of effectively addressing disability issues in the workplace. Special focus will be given to the complexities involved with mental disabilities and how to address issues where a disability is impacting the employee's performance. Attendees will leave with a clearer understanding of what the laws require and proper steps to take to move these difficult issues forward and to reduce legal risk.
- How to approach disability issues with employees
- The ADA interactive process and how to effectively navigate it
- Limitations on contacting an employee's physician
- How best to maintain trust and transparency through the accommodation process
- How to address performance issues affected by a disability
- What managers need to know to avoid legal problems
- Best practices for documenting disability-related issues
- How to deal with ongoing leaves of absence
- How to analyze and document undue hardship
Who Should Attend?
HR professionals, Managers, AVPs, VPs and EVPs who have supervisory authority.
Jennifer S. Mirus is the Co-Chairperson of the Labor & Employment team at Boardman & Clark LLP in Madison, Wisconsin. Jennifer has been practicing employment law in Madison for over 24 years. Jennifer represents employers in all aspects of employment relations, including hiring, discipline and terminations, wage and hour issues, discrimination, ADA, FMLA, and harassment. Jennifer also has extensive experience representing financial institutions in all of their HR issues and enjoys conducting human resources and management trainings for clients of all sizes.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395