This “proactive” webinar covers negotiation, technical, and management tools in collecting cash. The negotiation process will include the “human factors” while the technical skills will include “business law basics” (contract law and lender liability).
The technical aspects of collections will also address what happens when a “good” loan turns into a “bad” loan i.e. the market has now turned down, tenants have left, and the payments are severely delinquent. What should the bank do and not do at this point in time?
This question will be answered by addressing the “legal rights” of the bank and the “practical steps” that the bank should take in order to protect itself. This will include the collection process, restructuring the loan, and/or proceeding against the borrower through repossession, foreclosure, filing a lawsuit to obtain a judgment, forcing the borrower into bankruptcy or simply “walking away.” This section will also include the “outside” influence from the banking regulators.
Additionally, the X (authoritative), Y (delegation), and Z (team) management styles will be outlined which impact the lender’s ability to manage the collection process.
The webinar will include several “real-life” collection scenarios.
What You Will Learn:
- Advanced tools in collecting cash including negotiation, technical, and management skills
- “Human” factors in the collection process
- Business law basics including “contract law” and “lender liability”
- Determine the bank’s strategy in protecting itself-collections, restructuring the loan, repossession, foreclosure, filing a lawsuit to obtain a judgment, forcing the borrower into bankruptcy or walking away
- Assess “outside” influence by the banking regulators
- The X, Y, and Z management styles and collections management
- Collection scenarios
David L. Osburn, MBA, CCRA, is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training & Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for bankers, CPAs, credit managers, attorneys, and business owners.
His extensive professional background of over 30 years includes 20 years as a Business Trainer/ Contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of Vice President/Senior Banking Officer. Mr. Osburn has also been an adjunct college professor for over 30 years including College of Southern Nevada.
Who Should Attend?
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan documentation specialists, branch managers.
- Live Plus Five (days) - $265
- OnDemand Recording - $295
- CD-ROM - $345
- Live Plus Six (months) - $365
- Premier Package - $395