This is an advanced session; previous IRA knowledge is assumed.
- Required Minimum Distributions
- Calculate a required minimum distribution (RMD)
- Discuss the RMD rules and reporting requirements
- Beneficiary Distributions
- Describe beneficiary distribution options
- Recognize the differences for spouse, nonspouse, and nonperson beneficiaries
- Explain beneficiary payment deadlines
- IRA Update
- Explain recent changes affecting IRA owners
- Discuss the current Roth modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) limits
- Recognize how recent changes may affect your financial organization
- Roth IRA Conversion Contributions
- Describe a conversion
- Explain the effect of withholding on a conversion
- Report a conversion
- Define the consequences of an ineligible conversion
- Advanced Portability
- Summarize the restrictions on the movement between IRAs
- Recognize the options available when moving from an employer-sponsored retirement plan to an IRA
- Explain the result of violating the portability restrictions
- Withholding and Getting It Right
- List the possible penalties for failing to withhold
- Explain the withholding notice and election requirements
- Discuss how withholding is reported and transmitted to the IRS
- Describe foreign withholding requirements
Who Should Attend:
- An IRA administrator, personal banker, or member services personnel who has a working knowledge of basic IRA operations and wishes to expand your expertise and provide enhanced customer service;
- A financial professional who recognizes that IRAs play an integral role in retirement planning;
- A compliance specialist with procedural oversight of IRA policies and practices; or
- Support personnel responsible for promotional materials that describe the services provided by your financial organization.
The registration fee of $225 includes program registration, instruction and materials, refreshment breaks and lunch.
A refund, less a $25 administrative fee, is provided for cancellations requested on or before Friday, March 13, 2020.