This workshop will provide the banker with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers. The session will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner’s personal “1040” tax return and the return of an LLC, S corporation, and C corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions. The workshop will be held on Friday, Oct. 16 at the Wisconsin Bankers Association office in Madison.
8:30 a.m. Registration Desk Opens - Continental Breakfast Available
9:00 a.m. Workshop Begins - Lunch provided
4:00 p.m. Workshop Adjournment
An Advanced Financial Statement & Cash Flow Analysis Workshop will take place on Thursday, Oct. 15. Bankers can register to attend both workshops on back-to-back days for a discounted registration fee.
The workshop will also cover the following “advanced” tax topics related to business clients:
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
- Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Personal Residence, Rentals, Home Offices, and 1031 Tax-Free Exchanges
- Employer Provided Benefits including “Qualified Retirement Plans” and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Planning Strategies including “Defined Benefit” Plans and Captive Insurance
- Estate Planning Issues including Gifting
- Year-End Tax Strategies
- Changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners including the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (TCJA)
Who Should Attend?
Commercial lenders, credit analysts, relationship managers, and credit administrators are encouraged to attend. This is not an entry-level program. Attendees should have attended WBA's two-day Credit Analysis Boot Camp or have working experience with all the financial statements referred to above.
Speaker: David L. Osburn, MBA, CCRA
David is the founder and managing member of David L. Osburn & Associates LLC, a Las Vegas-based business training and contract CFO firm that provides seminar/keynote speeches for various groups including bankers. His extensive professional background encompasses over 24 years in banking, finance, and marketing. His bank commercial lending credentials include comprehensive loan underwriting, management, customer development, and loan work-out experience.
In addition, David is an Adjunct Professor for Regis University, an accredited MBA program, and the College of Southern Nevada, a community college. He has taught college courses for over 22 years, covering Finance, Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Banking, Business Law, and Management.
The registration fee of $245/attendee includes workshop materials, lunch, and refreshment breaks.
Click Register for additional information and to register online.