An In-Depth Look at Regulation Z’s Amended Qualified Mortgage (QM) Rule
Do you know and understand the new definition of a qualified mortgage (QM)? Is your institution working on transitioning to the new rules? Will you be ready by the October 1, 2022, compliance deadline? Get the information you need to know with this detailed analysis of the CFPB’s QM rule changes.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify two methods by which your institution can satisfy Regulation Z’s ability-to-repay requirements
- Assimilate the changes to the definition of a qualified mortgage (QM)
- Understand which QM thresholds are subject to change annually
- Determine the elements of a “seasoned qualified mortgage”
- Prepare for transition timing in advance of the mandatory compliance date
Join regulatory compliance counselor Michael Christians for an in-depth analysis of the CFPB’s changes to the definition of a qualified mortgage. In December 2020, the CFPB issued a final rule that replaces the maximum DTI requirement with a pricing test and removes the prescriptive underwriting standards found in Appendix Q. The rule was effective for secondary market loans beginning July 1, 2021, and has a mandatory compliance date of October 1, 2022, for all other loans.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This highly informative session is specifically designed for real estate lenders, loan processors, lending department leadership, compliance officers, and audit personnel.
- Desktop quick reference guide for Regulation Z’s ability-to-repay requirements
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER – Michael Christians, Michael Christians Consulting, LLC
As principal of Michael Christians Consulting, LLC, Christians assists financial institutions and organizations across the country with ensuring their compliance programs conform to Federal laws and regulations. He provides counsel relative to current rules, assists with the strategic implementation of upcoming regulatory changes and offers customized education and training services.
Christians has more than two decades of experience in the financial services industry with a primary focus on consumer compliance. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from Drake University Law School. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar where he is licensed to practice law.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $320 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download