Annual MLO Requirements & SAFE Act Compliance
When is your next annual independent audit? Are your MLOs properly registered? Are you in compliance with the SAFE Act? Is MLO compensation within the guidelines? Register for this webinar to get the answers to your MLO questions, receive expert insight, and garner multiple take-away tools.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Know which employees must be registered, which meet the definition of mortgage loan originator (MLO), and which are exempt
- Verify the steps in the initial and subsequent registration process, including proper use of forms, criminal background checks, fingerprinting, and submission of MLO registrations
- Confirm the required policies and procedures and compensation rules
- Complete nine required steps for the annual audit
- Understand the periodic training requirements which are commensurate with an MLO’s day-to-day origination responsibilities
- Review the scope of federal regulations for MLOs
What does it mean to be a mortgage loan originator today? There are mandated requirements for registration procedures and to perform an annual independent audit. This webinar will address these rules, cover the SAFE Act requirements, provide an overview of the loan originator compensation rules, and offer nine steps for the SAFE Act audit. A concise summary of federal regulations that apply to mortgage lending will augment the overall MLO training requirements covered.
- SAFE Act FAQs issued September 2019 by the CFPB
- Links to exam procedures
- SAFE Act compliance checklist
- Template for a SAFE Act audit
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your financial institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for internal auditors, SAFE Act administrators, compliance officers, mortgage loan managers, and MLOs.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, CRCM Compliance Training & Consulting for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Costonis has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
- Live Webinar – $279
- On-Demand Webinar – $279
- Live Webinar and On-Demand Webinar – $379