Appraisal Requirements: A Comprehensive Regulatory Summary
With so many appraisal guidelines and regulations, compliance can be challenging. Join this webinar to increase your appraisal prowess — which will reflect well on you and benefit your institution.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use interagency guidelines for reviewing appraisals and valuations
- Define the exceptions for obtaining a formal appraisal
- Explain the fair lending concerns regarding property valuations
- Distinguish between what constitutes an appraisal versus a valuation
- Understand the safe harbor provisions for valuation independence
- Determine when appraisal notices and copies of valuations must be provided
Appraisal fair lending issues, court orders, and enforcement actions have been in the news lately. This webinar will cover what you need to know about the appraisal and valuation process. When lending on real property, it is important for the creditor to determine the value of the property — largely to ensure the loan amount is appropriate and, in some circumstances, to ensure the loan amount is safe in the event of a foreclosure. Numerous laws and regulations come into play, so it is important to understand how they affect your work, including ordering an appraisal, conducting a formal valuation review process, knowing when a formal appraisal is not required (saving time and money!), and what to do if there appears to be coercion or mischaracterization of value.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, underwriters, staff responsible for reviewing or conducting appraisals or valuations, compliance professionals, and auditors.
- Online resource links for regulatory guidance documents
- Appraisal checklist and sample fair lending policy
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER – Mary-Lou Heighes, Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is president and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Heighes has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Heighes has over 25 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $320 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download