Beef up your BSA program by learning lessons from other institutions’ mistakes. Compliance has become even more important as regulators are now penalizing individuals responsible for AML program deficiencies. Your institution is expected to create a culture of compliance. Learn how.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Avoid compliance violations by learning from others’ mistakes
- Mitigate compliance risks with internal controls and processes
- Convey to stakeholders, management, and the board why a “culture of compliance” is not only desirable, but expected
- Distinguish actual violations of laws and regulations from recommendations made by examiners and auditors
- Explain how regulators are issuing penalties against those responsible for AML program deficiencies
- Recommend important changes to your BSA/AML program, or confidently describe why the existing program sufficiently addresses compliance risks
Everyone wants a comprehensive, risk-based approach to their BSA/AML program. A good way to determine what regulators and auditors will examine is to learn why other institutions have been cited and fined. Their shortcomings can become your to-do list. Use those fines and publicly announced enforcement actions to drive changes and obtain high-level buy-in – and within all organizational levels.
This webinar will also address:
- Consequences when an institution fails to comply with a Cease and Desist Order or Examination Findings
- Keeping up on emerging trends in financial crime and proceeds of criminal activity, such as COVID-19 fraud schemes
- Why you must update your risk assessment and internal controls for new products and services
- Examiner expectations regarding the institution’s role in preventing money laundering and terrorist financing
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, managers, compliance personnel, auditors, and staff who identify, investigate, and report fraud and BSA-related activities.
- List of current guidance and advisories with SAR “key phrases”
- Summaries of enforcement actions
- Checklist of updated BSA examination directives
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Mary-Lou Heighes, Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is president and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Mary-Lou has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Mary-Lou has over 25 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
TIME: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live Webinar, Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $320 plus tax