Bank Accounting: Consolidations and Statement of Cash Flows
This webinar is designed for bankers seeking to gain an understanding of consolidation accounting and the preparation of a statement of cash flows. The discussion and examples will be specific to the activities of a financial institution.
What You’ll Learn
- Transactions between a bank and its holding company, to include how to properly prepare a set of consolidating schedules.
- Exhibits illustrating a sample consolidating schedule
- Distributing vs non-distributing transfers between the holding company and the bank subsidiary
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Exercises and examples on breaking out common bank activities into operating, investing and financial activities
- Basic reconciliation of cash flow activities
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for those who understand the basics of bank accounting and desire to have a deeper understanding of the accounting for more complex activities to include transactions with a holding company and the preparation of a statement of cash flows.
Cynthia Dopjera, a Certified Public Accountant, has 38 years of experience focused on accounting and regulatory reporting for financial institutions. During the first 18 years of her career, Ms. Dopjera held various positions with responsibility across all operational areas, to include accounting, internal audit, Call Report preparation and review while working for community as well as regional banks.
In 2000, Ms. Dopjera joined the public accounting firm of Harper & Pearson Company, P.C., where she served as Practice Leader for the firm’s financial institutions practice covering community and regional institutions. The firm’s services included financial statement audit, accounting, tax preparation and filing, internal control audit, Call Report audit, loan and asset quality review, and design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting frameworks for institutions regulated under FDICIA and Sarbanes-Oxley. In 2018, Ms. Dopjera retired from Harper & Pearson Company, and currently provides accounting, consulting, and training services to financial institutions.
Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $75 per person