This 5 part webinar series will be held on May 6, 13, 20, 28, and June 3.
Designed for bankers new to call report preparation, this series will cover:
- Regulatory and reporting requirements pertinent to Call Report preparation
- Best practices related to the preparation and review process
- Basic accounting and reporting practices
- Income Statement and Balance Sheet schedules
- Loan schedules and Loan Coding
- Deposit schedules
- Maturity and repricing reporting requirements
- Off-balance sheet reporting requirements
- Reporting loans to insiders
- Community Bank Leverage Ratio and Risk Based Capital
- Risk Weighting Assets and Unfunded Commitments
The webinar series will cover the call report in schedule order, however grouping certain schedules based on reporting content will be woven into the curriculum.
- May 6, 2021 (1:30 - 3:30 pm) - Series Part 1: The first webinar will explain general reporting requirements, including consolidation rules, filing deadlines, best practices for Call Report preparation and where to find the best resources for preparation instructions. In addition, the income statement schedules, RI, RI-A and RI-E will be covered.
- May 13, 2021 (10:00 am - 12:00 pm) - Series Part 2: The second webinar will start with the Balance Sheet Schedule RC and will continue with the last two income statement schedules, RI-B, RI-C, and follow with coverage of schedules RC-A and RC-B, RC-G ad RC-F.
- May 20, 2021 (10:00 am - 12:00 pm) - Series Part 3: The third webinar will focus heavily on the loan classification requirements for RC-C and will continue with selected line items on RC-C Part I, to include a discussion on troubled debt restructurings and the criteria for determining maturity and repricing data. Staying on the loan portfolio, Part 3 will also cover loan-related reporting in schedules RC-M, RC-L and RC-N.
- May 28, 2021 (10:00 am - 12:00 pm) - Series Part 4: The fourth webinar will cover deposit schedule RC-E with a discussion on reciprocal and brokered deposits and reporting the various types of deposits by insurance limits, maturity, or repricing. Part 4 will also cover certain non-loan-related reporting items in RC-M and reporting deposits for insurance assessment purposes in RC-O. Average balance reporting in RC-K and RC-O will also be discussed.
- June 3, 2021 (10:00 am - 12:00 pm) - Series Part 5: The fifth and final part of the webinar will cover RC-R and the Community Bank Leverage Ratio, along with the calculations of Tier 2 Capital and Total Capital. The risk weighting requirements of RC-R Part II will also be covered relative to the appropriate allocations of risk weights to assets and off-balance sheet exposures.
Who Should Attend:
Designed for bankers new to call report preparation or those that are looking for a refresher on reporting requirements.
Cynthia Dopjera, a Certified Public Accountant, has 38 years of experience focused on accounting and regulatory reporting for financial institutions. During the first 18 years of her career, Ms. Dopjera held various positions with responsibility across all operational areas, to include accounting, internal audit, Call Report preparation and review while working for community as well as regional banks.
In 2000, Ms. Dopjera joined the public accounting firm of Harper & Pearson Company, P.C., where she served as Practice Leader for the Firm’s financial institutions practice covering community and regional institutions. The Firm’s services included financial statement audit, accounting, tax preparation and filing, internal control audit, Call Report audit, loan and asset quality review, and design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting frameworks for institutions regulated under FDICIA and Sarbanes-Oxley. In 2018, Ms. Dopjera retired from Harper & Pearson Company, and currently provides accounting, consulting, and training services to financial institutions.
- “Live” Web connection - $1,145
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $1,245
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $1,485
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $1,555
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $1,745