Beginning Security Officer: Dos, Don’ts, & Compliance
Snap up this expert training for new security officers. Everyone has to start somewhere — even security officers. They are foundational to the safety of each financial institution and training is essential to their success. This practical program will address the security officer’s role, best practices, regulatory compliance, physical security issues, and more.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Comprehend exactly what the security officer is responsible for under the Bank Protection Act and implementing regulations
- Understand lighting, landscaping, locations, and locks – the four Ls of security
- Determine the proper steps to take with cash recyclers and ITMs
- Explain to management the need for an annual risk assessment
- Identify the records the bank security officer should keep
The Bank Protection Act (BPA) and implementing regulations specify security officer requirements. This program will focus on these regulations, especially on Regulation H, to demonstrate what your security program should contain. Although the regulations are very specific, they allow leeway for risk-management decision-making. This program will include industry standard practices and demonstrate (with pictures) how to comply. Security officer dos, don’ts, and best practices will be covered. Other topics will include:
- How often your staff should be trained on security
- How new equipment will change your training strategies
- How often the security officer should receive specialized training, like active shooter
- What the security officer should consider when evaluating equipment or training issues
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for security officers, risk management professionals, internal auditors, and compliance officers.
- Regulation H checklist to determine if your security program is current
- Night inspection form to help implement your physical security inspections
- Proper Employee Conduct During and After a Robbery form for training
- Risk Management Basics: Before, During, and After the Robbery
- Risk Management Basics: Robbery Styles
- Risk Management Basics: Physical Risk Assessments, Thinking Like the Robber
- Sample incident report
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Barry Thompson, CRCM – Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
Barry Thompson is an international speaker, trainer, consultant, and writer. He is a security and compliance “guru” for a leading national training organization and regularly presents security conferences for trade groups – he has trained over 54,000 financial professionals.
Thompson is recognized worldwide, presenting in Brussels, Belgium to European bankers on internal fraud; at the United Nations on identity theft; and to Japanese bankers on bank security. Thompson has worked in the financial services industry for over four decades, and has held the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president, and executive vice president. He has handled over 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at the federal, state, and local levels. Thompson is the author of 101 Security Tips for the Beginning Security Officer and Inside the Vault and has been interviewed by Newsweek, Computer World, USA Today, and other national publications.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download