Expected Changes During 2021
With the election of Joe Biden, we will clearly see changes which will impact employment compliance in the banking industry. Since election day, we have been tracking communications from the transition team discussing their priorities and objectives. We continue to see the return of Obama administration personnel, which also is instructive.
This session will involve a detailed discussion of the material changes expected to be introduced during calendar year 2021. Here, we are absolutely focused on the most likely developments, not the theoretical. We also are isolating those changes which will have the most impact on Banks and human resource functions.
The objective of this session is to provide attendees with insight concerning the employment regulations and enforcement changes which will unfold during the year and guidance concerning bank industry best practices to address those developments. We will provide time for questions, to make the session as interactive as possible.
- OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard – new requirements for customer facing establishments to mitigate COVID spread.
- EEOC and OFCCP Pay Equity – reintroduction of “Component 2”, targeted investigations, and new focus on “substantially similar” – not “equal” work.
- COVID-19 vaccines – new compliance issues resulting from vaccine introduction and safety expectations.
- Federal Reserve, FDIC and OFCCP Diversity Effort – stronger “encouragement” up to mandate for Annual Diversity Self-Assessment reporting.
- FLSA Overtime Exemptions – no relief from current problems (mortgage lenders) and gradual return to Obama Era guidance.
- Staffing – address investigator and lawyer shortages in EEOC, OFCCP, WH Division, and OSHA
Who Should Attend?
HR, senior leaders, compliance, audit and bank counsel.
Steve Greene specializes in employment litigation, employee benefit issues and compensation matters for community banks. Steve founded Employment Law Compliance twenty years ago to support community banks. He regularly speaks to employment lawyers and human resources professionals in the banking industry. During the past 35 years, Steve has assisted financial institutions evaluate compliance obligations and has managed federal and state regulatory investigations and litigation across the country. His work has also includes working with the American Bankers Association and other industry associations to influence the DOL and Congress.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395