The board secretary’s role is critical in today’s dynamic industry involving corporate governance, compliance, and director liability. That role also includes communication with directors and management, administration of corporate governance, oversight of policy/procedure reviews, obtaining and maintaining annual documentation, and compliance issues. Examiners routinely ask for and conduct an in-depth review of board minutes as a part of their regular exam request memo. What are the dos and don’ts of this important role? How can the board secretary be more effective? This session will provide the answers to these questions and more.
- Board secretary responsibilities
- Documenting the board’s oversight of your institution’s risk management
- List of annual policies, officer designations, and other items for the board
- Documenting various methods of board training
- Establishing the agenda and distributing the board package
- Crafting minutes, supporting documentation, and corrections
- E-package delivery, including privacy and IT sample procedures
- Record-retention requirements
- Board attendance log
- Sample policies and procedures approval schedule
- Sample board report schedule
- Sample agendas
- Electronic media board package considerations and sample procedures
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board secretaries, senior management, and directors.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one internet connection (from a single computer terminal). You may have as many people as you like listen and watch from your office computer.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Dawn Kincaid began her banking career while attending The Ohio State University. She has 17 years’ experience in client service, operations, information technology, administrative and board relations, marketing, and compliance. Most recently Dawn served as the Senior Vice President of Operations for a central-Ohio-based community bank, where she created and refined policies and procedures, conducted self-audits and risk assessments, and organized implementation of new products and services. Dawn has served in the roles of Compliance, BSA/AML, CRA, Privacy, and Security Officer. She has led training initiatives, prepared due diligence information, completed a variety of regulatory applications, and coordinated internal and external audits and exams.
- Live - $245
- Recorded and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live, Recorded and Digital Download - $320 plus tax