Branch Controls and Accountability
Responsibility for the vault, maintaining teller cash limits, and exercising dual control are among the most important responsibilities in the branch. Auditors and examiners continuously cite financial institutions for lack of “dual control” or inadequate control procedures. Regardless of how many staff members there are, the branch responsibilities must be adequately completed and a solid documentation trail is essential to protecting yourself and your fellow employees. No one wants to be the subject of an investigation for missing cash! Take time to join us to ensure your branch control processes are solid, understand the reasons for the control and obtain examples of various logs and procedures.
Dual Control best practices and procedures for:
- Vault entry logs
- Vault Cash
- Security Logs – bait money straps, security device logs, etc.
- Teller Audits
- ATM Audits
- Cash dispensers and recyclers
- Understanding the “Fraud Triangle”
- Tips on developing “Cheat Sheets” for branch operations
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for Customer Service Representatives, Head Tellers, Assistant Head Tellers, Branch Managers, and Internal Auditors.
Molly Stull began her banking career on the teller line while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. Some of her experience includes roles in operations, business resumption planning, consumer compliance, and conducting audits. Her favorite role is ensuring that her audience, whether on the sports field or in the financial industry, understands the “why” behind the rule. Her wealth of financial knowledge and her numerous years of experience enable her to relate the material to the audience.
- “Live” Web connection – $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only – $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only – $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link – $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus – $395