BSA Overview for Non-Transactional & Support Staff
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand the importance of BSA and OFAC compliance to your institution and the global financial system
- Identify red flags you encounter at work
- Recognize your institution’s overall compliance responsibility
- Explain how your role contributes to a robust BSA and anti-money laundering/terrorist financing program
- Distinguish between reporting suspicious activity to the BSA team and the actual filing of a suspicious activity report (SAR)
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance is not just for employees who handle accounts and transactions. In fact, SAR reports involving non-transactional employees, directors, officers, and owners/shareholders at financial institutions accounted for almost 16,000 SARs in 2022 and almost 23,000 in 2021. If you add other insiders such as accountants, attorneys, appraisers, and agents it adds another 1,200 and 1,700 SARs respectively. Your role puts you in a unique position to see things that other employees and management might not be able to see and to recognize things that seem odd or suspicious – whether it be insiders or accountholders. This webinar will provide a basic understanding of the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) as it applies to support and administrative staff.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session would best suit receptionists, administrative assistants, mail, facilities – any employee who does not handle accounts or transactions.
- List of red flags for suspicious activities
- Brief summary of components of the BSA and OFAC
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Mary-Lou Heighes – Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is president and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc., which has assisted financial institutions with the development of compliance programs since 2000. She provides compliance training for trade associations and financial institutions. Heighes has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars, and speaks at numerous conferences throughout the country.
Involved with financial institutions since 1989, Heighes has over 30 years’ compliance experience. Before starting Compliance Plus in 2000, she spent five years working as a loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download