Rates are rising. Asset liability management strategies used for the last several years may not work going forward. This webinar will explain how to build strategies to protect and even grow your net interest margin in a rising rate environment. Information will be provided to help you determine the following:
- Impact of growth in non-maturity accounts
- Impact of a competitor raising non-maturity account interest rates
- Role of special-rate certificates – determining the real cost
- Role of wholesale funding – how much is acceptable
- When does it make sense to be the frontrunner in raising deposit rates?
- Current trend line in net interest margin
- Current trend line in net profit
- Effectively measure interest-rate risk
- Model the cost of special-rate certificates
- Model the rate for a loan that generates a return on equity goal
- Mitigate the negative impact of changing rates
- Utilize wholesale funding for profit and risk mitigation
- Regulatory concerns that could negatively impact CAMELS
- ALCO duties
- Establishment of realistic risk parameters
- Importance of IRR validation – auditing the process
- Employee training log
- Quiz to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is best suited for C-suite officers, board members, audit committee members, and ALCO members who want to learn concepts that can improve profitability in a rising-rate environment.
PLEASE NOTE: The live webinar option allows you to have one internet connection (from a single computer terminal). You may have as many people as you like listen and watch from your office computer.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Gary J. Young, Young & Associates, Inc.
Gary J. Young is founder of Young & Associates, Inc. During 40 years in consulting and 50 years in the industry, he has assisted hundreds of financial institutions from coast-to-coast with improving shareholder value and profit, establishing effective strategic plans, management assessments, regulatory concerns, budgeting, asset/liability management, expansion planning, and mergers and acquisitions. Gary is a popular speaker due to his practical and valuable insight and has conducted seminars throughout the United States and in Europe. Gary is on the board of a community bank, manages a bank investment fund, and is a co-founder of Capital Market Securities, Inc., which assists with mergers and acquisitions.