Deciphering corporate tax returns is a necessary skill for commercial lenders. However, the returns can be complicated, lengthy, and opaque. They certainly aren’t designed to provide the crucial datapoint lenders need most: cash flow. Join this webinar to learn how to pinpoint a corporate borrower’s annual cash flow quickly and accurately.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- “Cash-flow” a C Corp tax return
- Convert an accrual-basis tax return into a cash-basis cash flow
- Determine whether gains on sales of investments or business property are recurring or one-time sales to be ignored
- Establish how much owners are taking out of the business in salaries, dividends, and loans
- Calculate the key business ratios and “global cash flow” from a corporate tax return
Decoding corporate tax returns (C Corp) is essential for lenders. However, tax returns are not designed to show what you are looking for: cash flow. The C Corp tax form, Form 1120, is set up to report taxable incomes and allowable expenses of a company. Those, however, often don’t indicate cash inflows and outflows. In addition, tax returns will very likely report incomes and expenses on the accrual basis of accounting, where timing differences from cash basis can throw off your cash-flow calculation. With this webinar, you will learn how to identify a corporate borrower’s annual cash flow quickly and reliably. You will also be able to calculate the global cash flow of the owners and business combined.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for the lending area, including loan officers, loan underwriters, credit analysts, chief lending officers, loan processors, branch managers, CEOs, and other key lending staff.
- Lenders Tax Analyzer – Corps – software to help convert a tax return into a cash-flow statement
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Tim Harrington, TEAM Resources
Tim Harrington is a Certified Public Accountant, author, and consultant who has specialized in working with community financial institutions since 1992. Since 1996, Tim has been President of TEAM Resources, a firm which provides consulting, strategic planning, and training from coast-to-coast.
A presenter at over 1,000 financial conferences, seminars, and webinars, Tim has provided consulting and training for hundreds of community financial institutions in nearly every state and four countries. Tim advises boards and senior management teams on strategy, profitability, and governance and works with staff on leadership and lending. Tim’s book “Eisenhower on Enlightened Leadership” has been used by many boards and management teams to improve internal leadership. In addition, he is a faculty member of three financial institution schools and is the author of the popular lending software “Lenders Tax Analyzer.”
TIME: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Live Webinar - $245
- Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $245 plus tax
- Live Webinar, Recorded Webinar and Digital Download - $320 plus tax