Alert! The 2020 Call Report changes will include the new community bank leverage ratio, simplifications to the regulatory capital rule, a tweak to the HVCRE definition, instructional changes to the HELOC definition, and revisions related to the CECL and lease accounting standards.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the new community bank leverage ratio (CBLR) and understand the changes between the original CBLR proposal and the final version to be adopted for the March 31, 2020, Call Report
- Determine if adopting the CBLR is appropriate for your institution given the capital requirements
- Assess the impact of the Simplifications Rule on your institution’s regulatory capital calculations
- Evaluate the proposed changes to the high volatility commercial real estate (HVCRE) and home equity line of credit (HELOC) definitions in the Call Report instructions
- Understand the impact of changing accounting standards on the Call Report, including changes to the reporting of operating leases and the allowance for loan and lease losses
Given the ever-changing accounting and regulatory landscape, it is imperative that Call Report preparers and reviewers stay current with changes to the reporting forms and instructions. The agencies have issued multiple proposed and finalized changes that will impact all Call Report filers in 2020 and beyond. These changes include the new community bank leverage ratio (CBLR), simplifications to the regulatory capital rule, a tweak to the high volatility commercial estate (HVCRE) definition, instructional changes to the HELOC definition, as well as revisions related to the CECL and lease accounting standards. This session will highlight Call Report changes effective March 31, 2020, and other potential changes on the horizon.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all Call Report preparers and reviewers, including CFOs, controllers, and others responsible for ensuring Call Report accuracy.
- PDF booklet of relevant accounting and regulatory guidance
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
DON’T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
Call Report Preparation: Avoiding Common Errors on Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Live - $245
- Recorded & Digital Copy - $245 plus tax
- Live, Recorded & Digital Copy - $320 plus tax
MEET THE PRESENTERS
Michael Gordon, CPA, Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC
Michael Gordon is a CPA and director in the Atlanta office of Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC. He received his Bachelor’s in European History and Economics in 2003 from Vanderbilt University and received his MBA with a concentration in Accounting in 2005 from the Georgia Institute of Technology Scheller College of Business. Since joining Mauldin & Jenkins in 2005, he has focused on financial institution audits and employee benefit plans. Michael also has experience with HUD and governmental entity audits. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Kris Trainor, CPA, CFE, Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC
Kris Trainor is a partner in the Atlanta office of Mauldin & Jenkins, LLC. He received his BBA in Accounting from Georgia Southern University in 1995. Since joining Mauldin & Jenkins in 1995, Kris has focused on financial institution services, including audit, tax, and consulting. He has continued his education by attending various audit and tax classes and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Kris is a CPA in Georgia and previously served on the AICPA’s Examination Content Subcommittee for the audit section of the CPA exam.