This is a two-part series taking place on July 8th and 9th at 10:00 AM CT. The prices below include both sessions. Each session can also be attended individually by clicking on the links below.
The Call Report has been subject to many changes over the course of 2020 and 2021 with continued impact by economic, accounting, and regulatory changes. Our recent challenges related to the economic crisis under COVID-19 have added to the reporting burden for loans with changes impacting all financial institutions that will continue into 2021.
This 2-part webinar will help you learn the classification priority for reporting loan information correctly and will provide detailed information related to:
- Loan classifications by Call Code.
- Reporting unused commitments, reserves on unused commitments, and risk weighting off-balance sheet exposures.
- Insider loan reporting.
- Troubled debt restructurings.
- Recap of CECL reporting items to include reporting purchase credit impaired loans (PCI) vs credit deteriorated loans (PCD) and the CECL related reporting required in Schedules RI-B, RI-C, RI-E, RC-O, and RC-R.
- Reporting PPP loans and any associated borrowings.
- Identification of HVCRE loans.
- Off-balance sheet exposures reportable for eligibility for the CBLR framework.
- Classification of HELOCs and reporting changes to open-end and closed-end lines of credit secured by 1-4 family residential properties that will be effective for reporting in 2021.
The FFIEC 041and 051 forms will be the discussion focus in the presentation. Participants are encouraged to bring a copy of a recently filed Call Report for reference.
- RC-C on loan classifications and type codes
- RC-C memoranda on restructured loans and Section 4013 loans
- RC-K on reporting average balances of loans
- RC-L on reporting unused commitments and letters of credit
- RC-M related to reporting insider loans and reporting PPP loan information
- RC-N with coverage on reporting past-due loans, non-accrual loans, and TDRs
- RI-B on charge-offs, recoveries, and changes in the ALLL or the ACL for CECL banks
- RI-C reporting on the ALLL or the ACL for CECL banks
- RI-E focused on reporting adjustments to the ALLL or the ACL for CECL banks
- RC-R Part I on unfunded commitments for CBLR and RC-R Part II related to risk weighting the loan portfolio and unfunded commitments
Who Should Attend?
This review of selected Call Report loan schedules and reporting items will benefit anyone responsible for preparing loan schedules for the Call Report to include personnel in loan accounting, lending operations, loan officers, loan assistants, and any loan operations personnel responsible for coding loans or maintaining detailed documentation on the loan portfolio. This training will supplement annual comprehensive Call Report training recommended by bank regulators.
Cynthia Dopjera, a Certified Public Accountant, has 38 years of experience focused on accounting and regulatory reporting for financial institutions. During the first 18 years of her career, Ms. Dopjera held various positions with responsibility across all operational areas, including accounting, internal audit, Call Report preparation and review while working for community as well as regional banks.
In 2000, Ms. Dopjera joined the public accounting firm of Harper & Pearson Company, P.C., where she served as Practice Leader for the Firm’s financial institutions practice covering community and regional institutions. The Firm’s services included financial statement audit, accounting, tax preparation and filing, internal control audit, Call Report audit, loan, and asset quality review, and design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting frameworks for institutions regulated under FDICIA and Sarbanes-Oxley. In 2018, Ms. Dopjera retired from Harper & Pearson Company, and currently provides accounting, consulting, and training services to financial institutions.
- “Live” Web connection - $485
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $535
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $625
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $665
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $715