The CAMELS rating system is the foundation for every safety and soundness exam. Examiners look at numerous assessment factors for each component to evaluate the board and management’s ability to manage risk. This webinar will address compliance considerations, examiner hot spots, and maintaining safe and sound financial performance. You will learn more about the big picture and how each department’s efforts fit together. Participants will receive a CAMELS report checklist that indicates which reports will aid in understanding how your institution stacks up on each CAMELS component.
- Understand the purpose of the CAMELS rating system
- Explanation of all six components of CAMELS
- Breakdown of the assessment factors utilized by examiners
- Examples of strong policy, procedure, and practices
- Examiner hot buttons
- Red flags that require management and board attention
- What happens with a “critically deficient” score
- CAMELS report checklist indicating which reports will benefit directors and executive management
- Red flags checklist for each CAMELS component
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for executives, senior managers, department heads, and directors.
Molly Stull began her banking career on the teller line while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. Some of her experience includes roles in operations, business resumption planning, consumer compliance, and conducting audits. Her favorite role is ensuring that her audience, whether on the sports field or in the financial industry, understands the "why" behind the rule. Her wealth of financial knowledge and her numerous years of experience enable her to relate the material to the audience.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395