CFPB Update! Junk Fees and Other Depository Issues
Do you charge junk fees? Maybe. The CFPB changed the guidelines, and some of your old practices will need to be updated to avoid unlawful overcharging of your customers.
In 2023, CFPB examiners identified instances of depository institutions charging unlawful junk fees on consumer deposit accounts. You might be surprised that your institution still does some of these things that are considered unfair to the CFPB and other regulatory agencies. In this program, learn what the hot buttons are and how to avoid them.
What You’ll Learn
- Surprise overdraft fees
- Multiple non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees
- Reopening bank accounts that consumers have closed
- Discrimination Issues on Deposit Accounts
- And more from other regulatory agencies
Who Should Attend?
Compliance Officers, Deposit Operations Officers, training, and management will benefit from this webinar.
Deborah Crawford is the president of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations, and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 35+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts + $279
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person