Financial Institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it – they strive to manage risk at the enterprise-wide level. These enterprises seek to manage risk exposure so that, at any given time, they incur just enough of the right kind of risk—no more, no less—to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as “Optimal Risk-Taking.” This webinar will take you through the characteristics of strong Risk Assessments to ensure you address key areas of your institution. The presenter will share her experience in developing an enterprise-wide process to conduct Risk Assessments in a practical, sustainable, and easy way to understand. You will walk away with practical tools and examples you can implement in your organization immediately. This webinar will help you strengthen your existing Risk Assessments and create new ones for other areas as needed.
- Overall view of Enterprise Risk Management and key components
- The three key phases of ERM and how Risk Assessments fit in
- The Risk Assessment Process to enhance existing Risk Assessments
- Risk Assessment Characteristics of strong Risk Assessments and goals
- What is a Risk Assessment System (RAS) and its relationship to CAMELS rating
- The top eight risks and other important ones
- How to conduct an ERM Risk Assessment using a Matrix – The core of risk assessments
- The various types of risk assessments based on the area of risk and what they consist of
- Examples of ongoing Monitoring and Reporting tools
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for Risk Managers/Leaders, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Credit Officer, and the entire risk management team.
Marcia (Marci) Malzahn is the president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, a financial institution consultancy focused on strategic planning, enterprise risk management, treasury management, and talent management. Marci has 23 years of banking experience, the last ten as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she helped start where she oversaw all the bank operations areas, including finance, IT, compliance, internal audit, deposit/loan operations, cash management, risk management, and HR. In her last year as EVP/COO/CRO, Marci created and focused on the bank's risk management program.
Before starting the bank in 2005, Marci took a detour from banking for five years and worked for a $34 million revenue non-profit organization where she led IT, HR and Finance. Marci's extensive experience in banking infrastructure and her passion to help other financial institutions succeed led her to establish Malzahn Strategic in 2014.
Marci is the recipient of a number of professional awards, is a published author of four books and an international bilingual professional speaker, speaking frequently at banking conferences and associations as well as webinars. Marci is a certified life coach and holds a B.A. in business management from Bethel University and is a graduate and faculty of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Live Plus Five (days) - $265
- OnDemand Recording - $295
- CD-ROM - $345
- Live Plus Six (months) - $365
- Premier Package - $395