Characteristics of Strong Risk Assessments: Tools to Monitor & Report Results
Strategic-focused financial institutions endeavor to manage the perfect amount of risk-no more, no less. Learn more about “optimal risk-taking” with this detail-driven webinar.
- Overall view of enterprise risk management (ERM) and its three phases
- Key steps to strengthen existing risk assessments
- Characteristics and goals of risk assessments based on industry best practices
- How to identify and assess your institution’s risks enterprise-wide
- What is a risk assessment system (RAS) and its relationship to CAMELS rating?
- The top eight risks and other important ones
- How to conduct an ERM Risk Assessment using a matrix – the core of risk assessments
- The various types of risk assessments based on the area of risk and what they consist of
- Examples of ongoing monitoring and reporting tools and how to use them
Financial institutions provide great value to the American economy. But that value comes with risks. Strategic-minded institutions do not strive to eliminate risk or even to minimize it — they strive to manage risk enterprise-wide so that just enough of the right kind of risk is incurred to effectively pursue their strategic goals. This is referred to as “optimal risk-taking.” This webinar will explore the characteristics of strong risk assessments so participants can address key areas in their own institutions. The presenter will share her experience in developing an enterprise-wide process and explain how to conduct risk assessments in a pragmatic, easy-to-understand way. Practical tools and examples will be provided that can be implemented immediately. Learn how to strengthen your existing risk assessments and create new ones for other areas as needed.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for risk managers/leaders, chief risk officers, compliance officers, internal auditors, chief operating officers, chief credit officers, and the entire risk management team.
- Enterprise risk management risk assessment matrix
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Marcia Malzahn – Malzahn Strategic
Marcia “Marci” Malzahn is the founder and keynote speaker at Crowning Achievements International — inspiring and educating emerging leaders in the financial industry. She is also president and founder of Malzahn Strategic, which provides management consulting to community financial institutions. Malzahn has 30 years of banking experience, with 10 years as the EVP/CFO/COO of a community bank she co-founded.
Malzahn speaks frequently at industry conferences, association events, and leadership and women’s conferences. She has published five books and received several professional awards. As a Certified Virtual Presenter, Malzahn provides online and onsite training for financial institutions. Malzahn is a certified life coach and a certified community bank director. She holds a bachelor’s in business management from Bethel University and is a graduate and faculty of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download