C&I Lending for CRE Lenders
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Confidently analyze, underwrite, and monitor C&I loans
- Understand how C&I analysis differs from CRE analysis
- Comprehend UCA analysis and traditional EBITDA analysis, plus each method’s uses and limitations
- Appreciate how accounting knowledge is critical for C&I analysis and why the balance sheet is needed to fully analyze a borrower’s strengths and weaknesses
- Know why collateral analysis and monitoring are very different from CRE lending
- Realize why some level of industry knowledge is key to understanding long-term risks
C&I lending is often a smaller part of a financial institution’s commercial loan portfolio, but it is also a segment that offers additional lending opportunities. However, far too often these loans are analyzed similarly to commercial real estate loans, even though C&I have unique characteristics, differing in purpose, collateral, and repayment source(s). It is important to understand the borrower’s industry, their cash-flow cycle, how accounting decisions can impact your analysis, and the type of information needed for proper assessment.
Because C&I businesses can change quickly, the way C&I loans are monitored must also be different from monitoring a CRE loan. Join us to learn the appropriate monitoring, including how the borrower’s degree of risk should be considered in designing an appropriate plan.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for newer C&I lenders, experienced CRE lenders, credit analysts, and loan committee members looking to take some of the mystery out of C&I lending or increase their knowledge and skills in assessing this critical segment.
- Analysis checklist
- Sample monitoring plan
- Industry analysis considerations
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your institution is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Robert L. Viering — RiverPointUSA LLC
Bob Viering brings over 35 years of banking experience to RiverPointUSA, where he concentrates on management and board planning activities, such as strategic, capital, and succession planning, de novo bank formation, assisting with managing regulatory agreements, loan review, and credit process assessment. He has served as a bank director and was an independent member of a bank’s audit committee.
Prior to becoming a consultant, Viering was a de novo bank organizer responsible for all regulatory filings, planning, recruiting, and also serving as CEO. He has been an advisor for other de novo bank formations. Earlier in his career, Viering held various management positions with large and regional banks, including market president and regional credit officer. In addition, he has managed deposit and loan operations groups and was a lender to local, regional, and international businesses. He has also served as a board member of state and national trade associations.
- $279 – Live Webinar Access
- $279 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $379 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download