Has your financial institution been hit by increased check fraud? Many institutions are suffering losses due to check fraud. A recent study by the Better Business Bureau discusses the significant increase in fake check fraud complaints over the last three years. This webinar will look help your frontline protect your customer and your financial institution from common scams. We will look at holds and other defenses your institution has available and how to use them.
- What are fake checks?
- How do check scams work?
- Who are fake check fraud victims?
- Types of frauds that involve fake checks
- What are some of the check scam red flags?
- How widespread are the scams?
- Can you prevent or avoid check scams?
- What do you do if you identify a check scam?
- Regulation CC Holds
- Checking routing numbers
Who Should Attend:
Tellers, Head Tellers, Teller Managers, Deposit Operations, Security, Branch Staff, Training Staff
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia based training company. She specializes in the deposit side of the financial institution and is an instructor on IRAs, BSA, Deposit Regulations and opening account procedures. She was formerly with Hibernia National Bank (now Capital One) and has bachelor's and master's degrees from Louisiana State University. She has 30+ years of combined teaching and banking experience.
If you are unable to attend the webinar but would like to have this information for training purposes, you may also purchase an OnDemand website link and/or CD-ROM.
- “Live” Web connection - $265
- Additional connection for a branch - $75
- 6-month “OnDemand” website link only - $295
- CD-ROM and e-materials only - $345
- Live plus OnDemand website link - $365
- Premier Package: Live, OnDemand link, and CD-ROM plus - $395